
...it's the middle of the night and I'm working, but really, I'm thinking about this commercial I saw earlier for FRIED ICE CREAM at Sonic Burger. Really? Do we need?
And in the commercial, the girls say they want another one. Another FRIED ICE CREAM. Like ice cream, but also fried! Shoot yourself with a saturated fat-gun!
So assuming that people in commercials act the way the company wants YOU to act, here's the thing:
SONIC BURGER IS TRYING TO KILL YOU.
I think that the plot of Saw V is going to just be a bunch of people at Sonic Burger making amusing remarks while they are killed by eating a variety of Sonic products.
Also? I have not seen any of the Saw movies so that probably makes no sense.
But seriously people, run! The Sonic is coming from inside the giant tubs of fried food.
14 comments:
The plot of the saw movie would be more like people are trapped inside a Sonic, chained to a vat of fried ice cream, and they have to eat the ice cream or be killed by that big blue hedgehog. Maybe the hedgehog could kill people by bludgeoning them with a vat of fried ice cream. You're a writer...is that what they call irony?
besides no one in the saw movies says anything even remotely amusing.
sounds ... delish?
I always select from the fine assortment of reduced fat "broiled ice creams" listed in the healthy choices section of the Sonic menu. RM
Hi,
I am really glad there are no Sonic Burger joints near me. I DID see the commercial about which you write and I have to admit I was curious.
Confession. I have eaten fried ice cream, indeed I have. They serve it at Mexican Restaurants, well they do at one I frequent. After all the hot and spicy Mexican cuisine the amazing combination of hot and cold, well, what can I say. Delish (as Rachel Ray would say). Not sure how much I like her.)
Anyway, I could never have eaten two like those girls in the commercial, no way Jose'! I don't think I could have, no, nope. Not, nada, ix-nay on the second.
Have a great night
Gail
peace
That sounds completely disgusting!! I'm so glad they don't have that in dear old blighty!!
Hey where can I get one of those fat guns you were talking about?
I have to agree with Gail. They do not have a Sonic near me but all the Mexican resuraunts sell fried ice cream. It is actually REALLY good!
Now what I DON'T get is fried Banana's, fried green beans (I think I saw these advertised at Friday's), and a whole assortment of other "healthy" foods being fried at the FAIR!!! Why would you take something good for you and ruin it by throwing it in a deep frier? The food that is already bad for you who cares if you make it worse. Although I don't get the whole fried Oreo thing either. Yeah saw that at the fair too.
I have to disagree April....fried plantain is oh so wonderful!! Much better than a plain banana any day. But I hardly ever eat fried food so a little splurge now and then is a good thing, right?;-)
Loved your post Wendy! My kids think I'm the Big Bad Mom Food POlice because I refuse to give in to this kind of marketing even though "everyone else" does. Hey...who needs self-control and moderation??
There is a highly addictive ingredient in each of the Sonic products (especially the Java Chiller) that makes you crave it day and night.
I'm sure that it is in the Fried Ice Cream too. And you are so right....they are trying to kill me!
All weird fried foods in our universe originate at the State Fair of Texas, held every year for 24 days beginning in late September, at the underappreciated art deco wonderland of Fair Park in Dallas.
http://www.bigtex.com
http://www.fairpark.org
Every year about this time we anxiously await the year's new fat-filled fried inventions. Previous creations include fried ice cream, fried PBJ sandwich, fried cookie dough, fried Twinkies, fried cheesecake, deep fied latte, fried guacamole bites, etc, etc.
And if it ain't fried, it's on a stick.
Last year's "new food list"
http://www.pegasusnews.com/news/2007/aug/27/state-fair-texas-will-have-7-new-food-treats/
I like to visit the livestock pavilions to imagine what it would be like to hate the big city...to think about how much fun it would be to muck out the stalls... and especially to pick up tips on how best to blow dry and style my goat or llama's fur before I take it to be judged.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v233/nmlhats/DSCF1292.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/
v233/nmlhats/DSCF1292.jpg
BREAKING NEWS!!
The 2008 finalists for the best new (fried) food at the State Fair of Texas have been announced:
Fried Banana Split
Texas Fried Jelly Bellys
Fire & Ice, a deep-fried pineapple ring
Fried Chocolate Truffles
Chocolate-Covered Strawberry Waffle Balls
Deep Fried S’mores
Chicken Fried Bacon
Fried Grilled Cheese Sandwich
Yes, this list is for real.
http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/news/city/dallas/stories/DN-friedfoods_28met.ART.Central.Edition1.4d88fe3.html
Post a Comment